Monday, November 26, 2012

Came a little late to this party...




Apparently, this was discovered in 2005.

CNN posted this two Januarys ago.

So much for my research skillz.


In my history of IBS, I visited two doctors. Both agreed that I have IBS. Neither one suggested antibiotics.

I'm kinda happy about this. Not because I believe that the use of antibiotics is unhealthy. Not because of how I feel about superbugs. Rather, I just don't want to take medicine if I don't have to.

Like Hippocrates said - Let your food be your medicine.



Here are some questions I have:



  • This study refers to IBS as a disease. Does it qualify as a disease? What are the criteria that make it a "disease"?

  • Is it ethical to use antibiotics to treat a condition with so many varied causes and effects?

  • If IBS is a disease, why do some suffer from it only during other illnesses, PMS, and after gastro-intestinal infections?

  • Should women who suffer from IBS during PMS take antibiotics for it?

 



The NDDIC feels the way I do about this... more studies and tests need to be done.









Toots

What do you think???









1 comment:

Jitender Kumar said...

Nice Blog!!! Thanks for the useful information,The link proved to of great use to me,Keep writing for our information and You can even offer students bca admissions and Direct bca admission in india.you must check it now.