Sunday, November 11, 2012

Cheap IBS-free Eats!



I am broke.

I am flat broke.

Like seriously - I have NO money. None. This has never happened to me ever.

There's a LONG story to explain how this happened. And it's coming. I promise. It's related to IBS.

For now, while I'm working on putting it all together, let's talk about my current favorite IBS-friendly cheap eat.




The chickpea tortilla taco!



Chickpea tortilla taco

Ingredients
1 cup chickpea flour
1 and 1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne

Instructions
Heat a pancake skillet on medium.
Whisk together chickpea flour, water, salt and spices.
Let sit for a couple minutes.
Drop tortilla-sized dollops of the batter onto the skillet.
Cook and flip.
Pour refried beans onto each tortilla.
Nom, happily.







The cost? A bag of Bob's Red Mill garbanzo bean flour is a little over three bucks. A can of refried beans can be got for two bucks. This makes a five-dollar dinner for at least two people. And for one person, it could be stretched out to three dinners.

So soft and chewy and comforting... chickpea tortilla tacos make me feel like a million bucks!










1 comment:

'Drea said...

Well, if you can't have a million bucks, it's definitely nice to create something that makes you feel grand...