Fourteen is my favorite number.
It's the day I was born.
But it's also just ME.
I know you know what I mean. Don't you have a song that sounds like you? A color that feels like you? A sweater, a movie, an animal - that is just so YOU?
Fourteen is me.
I made the decision to embark on fourteen consecutive days of yoga, because...
1. I was stressed out.
2. I was broken-hearted and depressed and feeling crappy about myself.
3. I was drinking alcohol every night.
4. I was smoking cigarettes for the first time in ten years.
5. I wanted to.
After embarking on my embarking, I discovered...
1. I am not physically fit enough to do yoga every single day.
2. I like running sometimes.
3. I like drinking too.
In yoga, when we can't make it through an asana or a flow, what do we do?
Here's how I modified...
1. I did yoga as much as physically possible.
2. If my arms were tired, I did a flow that worked my legs.
3. If my legs were tired, I did a flow that worked my arms.
4. When I wanted to run, I ran.
5. When I wanted to drink, I drank.
Yonder window... what I focus on while I yoga... with spider
In the last thirteen days, I've done yoga eight of them.
I got drunk once...
Okay, maaaaayyyyybe twice.
Compared to where I was at a month ago?
Two months ago?
I call that a fucking success.
Every day I'm closer and closer to happy.
Me on the piano at my pal's house on Hawk Mountain
Have you checked out Iris' July Self Care Retreat?
I'm not officially a part of the blogger circle who's doing this. However, Iris posted about this right around the time I was thinking that I needed to make time for some serious self care. It's neat - and not at all surprising. Iris and I always seem to have our heads and tummies in the same places, even if they are physically three-thousand miles from each other.
Anyway - follow along with her! Learn fun tricks! And if you are so inclined, indulge in your own self care.
What do you do to take care of yourself?
What fun thing would you like to do for fourteen days?